Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canadian Application Question

LSATstudier22LSATstudier22 Member
edited September 2022 in Law School Admissions 91 karma

I will be applying to UBC, UVic, the University of Calgary, the University of Alberta, and Dalhousie and will be writing the LSAT again in November. I already have an LSAT score on file, though it is about 7 points lower than my goal score.

Should I submit my applications prior to the November LSAT, to potentially be reviewed with my current LSAT score, or should I wait until after I write the LSAT again? Does it matter?

Thank you!

Comments

• Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
    709 karma

Hi @LSATstudier22, former admissions officer here. It depends on the school's process. Many law schools will intentionally hold applications where they see that the candidate is registered for or anticipating a future LSAT score; however, you'll want to confirm with each school that this is their practice (or if they require you to email them a request to hold for the score). Additionally, some schools will not allow addenda to be submitted after the application is submitted, so you'll want to ask if this is the case for these specific schools because submitting your app before your score comes out would preclude your ability to submit an LSAT addendum if that rule is in place. Best of luck to you! -Tajira

• B_MaximumB_Maximum Core Member
    edited September 2022 192 karma

Best of luck JL on the November sitting. I hope it will be a 100% positive experience and that you achieve your target goal score.