Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How likely is a 180 given my progress so far

buckjgbuckjg Alum Member
in General 9 karma

Hi,

I took a diagnostic about 3 weeks ago and scored a 157. Since then I've taken maybe 6-7 tests and have been scoring around 170 on the last few without doing any actual studying, just glancing at why I got questions wrong and particularly emphasizing the LG section because that's what I struggled with most on my diagnostic. I'm not trying to brag or anything but I want to know realistically what it takes to get from high 160's/low 170's to consistent high 170's. Also I have over a year to study until I'll be applying to law schools.

Thanks

Comments

• grugthesluggrugtheslug Member
    107 karma

50/50 bro. either it happens or it doesn't

• ClaudioD21ClaudioD21 Member
    414 karma

I think the curve for a 180 is -0 or -1 on the entire test. Maybe a -2 in some tests? In other words, consider what your chances of getting around -1 on the actual exam are and you’ll have your answer.

• If you are already scoring around 170 and have a year to study, then consistently scoring in the high 170s should be very doable for you. Check out your analytics to see which areas you are weak in, study those, do a test, repeat.

Ultimately, just take it one question at a time. Understand why an answer is right and why the others are wrong. Progress isn't linear so expect some fluctuations in your scores. As for scoring a 180, I am sure people have posted their methods all over the internet but at the end of the day it comes down to one thing - understanding the test.