Recent LR - Focus on certain question types over others

I’ve noticed that in the more recent PTs (80+) the following question types show up more than others: flaw, weaken, NA, RRE, PSA, strengthen. Almost all of my incorrect answers have been one of these types. I’m trying to find a new way of looking at these questions and approaching them in the most efficient ways. The strategies in the CC only help to a certain point, does anyone have a good way of answering these question types? I am especially weak on weakening and RRE questions. I’m taking the October test so I am looking to hone these strategies in ASAP. Any advice would be helpful!!!

Comments

• scott1217scott1217 Member
    37 karma

Following, I'm having the same issues. For some reason I'm way better at strengthen than weaken questions and struggle a lot with RRE on the newer exams.

• moonstars5678moonstars5678 Member
    166 karma

What I've been trying to do is just do 3 question sprints at a time. For example, I've noticed that I can be really bad with Weaken questions so I start with the 2-3 level difficulty questions to make sure it's VERY clear to me what the premise + conclusion + assumptions are. Once I feel comfortable with those, I move to the harder level questions and slowly go from there, taking the time to dissect each question similarly because anatomically, all these questions are the same. They just up the difficulty by using harder subject material or making the assumptions more subtle or have the right AC hinge on a specific detail. It's been helping a bit for me!