Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I write GPA addendum?

30 year-old here, graduated college 8 years ago. Splitter with 174 LSAT, 3.61 CAS GPA. Nothing happened to me while I was in school, but it was a long time ago and I don't think my GPA reflects where I'm at now.

Is it appropriate to write a short (few sentences) addendum saying the above? Or will it be obvious to admissions officers that my undergrad was a while ago and the addendum would be an annoyance?

Thanks 7sage community!

Comments

• C_S_D 01C_S_D 01 Member
    252 karma

With a 174, it seems obvious.

I'm not experienced, but that's what common sense is telling me, for whatever that's worth

Good luck!

• Carol9566Carol9566 Core Member
    34 karma

I am writing a GPA addenda for my own situation, but from what I gathered after speaking to admissions officers is to bring as little negative attention to your application as possible. The point of the addenda is to get in and get out. I need to explain my situation because it would leave a huge gap in my application, however if your situation is not glaringly obvious I would not. I would address personal growth in essays and put a positive spin on it. If you have any doubts I would talk to the admissions advisors for the schools you're looking into. Best of luck, but you wont need it :)