Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I wait to submit app when the November score comes out?

rachellgrachellg Free Trial Member
edited October 2022 in Law School Admissions 27 karma

I have an earlier LSAT score of 167. I took the October LSAT yesterday but am afraid it's still not higher than 167. Should I wait to submit app if I plan to take the November test? I'm thinking of submitting app with the 167 score (or a higher score of my October test) in early November, or wait until my November test score comes out. My target is to apply for the Top 30.

Should I submit with the current LSAT score?
  1. Should I wait to submit the potential higher November score or use the current score?17 votes
    1. Use the current score to apply in early November
      52.94%
    2. Wait till November 30 for the November score
      47.06%

Comments

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

I've heard prep companies say that schools can detect if you're registered for an upcoming LSAT and will automatically put your application on hold until the score is released in order to protect their numbers.

• rachellgrachellg Free Trial Member
    27 karma

Thanks @claremont ! That's a good point. I heard of this as well. I remember some schools claim that they would review applications based on the scores on file and some others say I could email to request reviewing based on an earlier score.