Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Very silly decision

parpar09parpar09 Core Member

So i decided to take the NOV LSAT with very minimal studying. I purchased this program but I am not exactly sure how to use it and the syllabus is way too long for the few weeks I have left. What would be the best way to study?

Comments

• AlexWillAlexWill Member
    30 karma

At this point, just take practice tests and review them, not much point in the core curriculum (maybe for individual sections). Watch the blind review lesson to know how to do it properly. Good luck

• TomHagenTomHagen Alum Member
    78 karma

Have you taken a diagnostic? That would let you see what section you struggle most in. If there's one section you scored particularly low at you could then focus on the part of the curriculum that deals with that section in the hopes of making the greatest "return" on your studying. I finished the LG portion in about a month.

Other than that just take practice tests, but try to save some of the newer ones for a possible retake.

• theyseemerolintheyseemerolin Core Member
    17 karma

The section that can be improved the fastest is games. If you only have a few weeks to study, you'd probably maximize your score by spending 90% of your time on games and 5% each just familiarizing yourself with the other two sections. I would start out with conditional logic as it's applicable to all sections and is not common knowledge. Best of luck!

• parpar09parpar09 Core Member
    17 karma

Thank you all so much for the advice

• claremontclaremont Core Member
    590 karma

Get an idea of what score you would need for your target school. Take a diagnostic to see where you're currently scoring. Recreate test conditions, don't bullshit yourself. If your diagnostic is within a few points of this target score then go for it. If it's not, e.g., you're 10+ points away from your target score then you should probably just withdraw from the test. You don't get an unlimited number of attempts.

Also worth considering, exceeding a school's LSAT numbers could literally be the difference between attending for free and paying full tuition. That's a big deal. A lot of lawyers make less than six figures and are drowning in debt. Good luck.

• grugthesluggrugtheslug Member
    107 karma

Use this time to learn conditional logic for LR and LG. You can avoid reading comprehension for now.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

Law school is not a silly undertaking. Why make a very silly decision when not very silly decisions are available?

• r.anger1r.anger1 Core Member
    86 karma

I highly recommend withdrawing from the November test and not taking the test until you feel ready. I took a"practice" LSAT aka the June test and now regret it because it counts towards my 5 tests that can be taken over 5 years. It's not worth wasting a test like that. Just get through the curriculum and take practice tests until you're consistently scoring where you want. Of course, all of that changes if you have already taken a diagnostic test and scored exactly where you want to be. If that's the case, then just take a few PTs a week until November, and hope you get lucky.

• candisaulscandisauls Core Member
    15 karma

I recommend changing your test date to January or February to give yourself time to study. You can still get into law school next year with a January or February LSAT. Once you change your test date, take a diagnostic test to see your strengths and weaknesses and then go forward from there. I started studying logic games first.

• mjh3421mjh3421 Core Member
    2 karma

make sure to go through the logic, once you got that the test follows. I did the core curriculum and listened to enough question explanations to get the concept and then moved on. I get the people telling you to take the practice tests, but the genuinely good material is the explanation of logic and the question types. This is what I did, but honestly I'm not the kind of person who needs to practice a lot to get the concept.

• ProfLaytonProfLayton Member
    110 karma

I honestly wouldn't take the test. You're just going to hurt yourself, and in the likely scenario where you don't meet your expectations, it'll undermine your confidence and hinder your ability to grow as much as possible.

This isn't meant to be a knock against you - the LSAT is really fucking difficult for practically everyone (even for those who do well on it), and I want you to have an adequate amount of time to not just study but to PROCESS the information you learn. It can take a few weeks after going through the entire curriculum before it randomly clicks and you find yourself smashing past scores