Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why can't I perfect LG?

buckjgbuckjg Alum Member

I've been studying LG for about a month now and seemingly always get -1!! I have been perfect on a couple tests but in the last 2 days I have taken 6 LG sections and got -1 on all of them. It's never on the hardest game either. Is this just a focus thing, or maybe going too fast on the easy games? Anyone consistently scoring -0 who also had this problem?

Comments

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

It depends on your situation. Are you running out of time or do you have a solid 5-10 minutes leftover?

Also, when you sketch out your games/do the questions, do you make unwarranted assumptions?

I think what really helps me get the -0 is two things-- first, it's doing the easy games fast and aggressively. Second, it's about really making sure that the answer you choose is based off a true gameboard that doesn't exclude possibilities.

On doing the games fast, I create drills of "1 min per question" for the easy games, sometimes even finishing with time leftover. These drills were huge confidence boosters and helped me be efficient in the first half of the test. Also, especially for these one star/two star games, recognizing common patterns and establishing a routine/procedure was so much easier.

The only problem I ran into, especially in the beginning, was making false inferences or incomplete splits-- while I wouldn't have an entire game ever completely messed up, it would definitely slow me down, and sometimes even cost me a question. To fix this, I stayed away from making huge inferences without a solid basis for it in the rules (sounds obvious, I know, but I often did this...). I also made sure to really follow things step by step in order to not get lost in the game/leave out important rules.

Hope this helps!