Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the best way to review wrong answers?

gurpreetk35gurpreetk35 Alum Member
in General 196 karma

After taking a preptest how do you review your wrong answers?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma

Well if you’re blind reviewing, you don’t know what you got right or wrong. So I’d start by recommending a review on how to BR which is how you should start your review.

After BR, you should do a further review of wrong answers. For those, ask yourself:
    1. Why is the right answer right?
    2. Why is the answer you chose wrong?
    3a. Specifically, what were you interpreting incorrectly which made the wrong answer appear correct?
    3b. Why was your interpretation incorrect?
    3c. What can you do in the future to recognize the same thing again and avoid making the same mistake?
    4a-c. All the 3’s again but with the correct answer.

And don’t just run through this. Take your time, dig deep, and find meaningful, actionable answers. Approach explanations like “careless reading error” with extreme skepticism. These sorts of things are almost never the correct explanation. I recommend writing out a report to develop your answers fully. It’s a lot harder to bullshit ourselves when we have to write things out.

• henry.ewinghenry.ewing Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    58 karma

I second everything that Can't Get Right said. I'll add that sometimes it can be hard to remember exactly why you picked a certain AC for a question. To combat this, a tool I recommend to my clients is a "Wrong Answer Journal." When blind reviewing, you write down why you are picking specifically that AC for each question before you grade the section. If you get the question wrong, you can see exactly why you chose that AC and begin to untangle any errors in reasoning you might be making.

If you want to do some more blind review and maybe meet some study buddies, I highly recommend you sign up for our group breakout session next Tuesday! We host them every month, and we group you with other 7Sagers who have a similar PT average as you. You sign up here: https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZMvcOmsrzIqGt3h0wVqnDsJjKE32CTxHXEs