Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT Frequency

wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 42 karma
I have finished 8 PT tests so far. My score has jumped 10 points from 158 to 168 (most recent score). I understand one time score doesn't mean a lot. What matters is narrowing down my score to a small range, a few points above my target of 175. I wonder with only 10 weeks left. Should I do PT 3 times/week this month and August? Then the last month (September), do PT 4-5 times/week?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I would do more now and less later to give your brain a slight break. 5 is likely cutting into your BR time so I wouldn't go over 4 unless you're sure you can handle it and won't burn out. In my opinion the week before the test is not the time to try out something like that. 3 PTs a week from now to the October LSAT will still get you through almost every PT worth doing so I wouldn't worry too much about trying to do more than necessary. In the end, if you've done 30-35 PTs or more you should be in great shape and an extra couple would not likely make the difference on top of that.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    Another thing to think about: if you take 4, 5-section tests per week by inserting an additional section from the same test each time then you can effectively complete 5 tests per week. This gives you the benefit of more closely simulating the actual test, improving stamina, and having another PT score to draw from. Another option may be to alternate weeks of taking 3 and 4, 5-section tests. I would also agree with @Pacifico about doing more now and less later.
  • crogaticrogati Member
    edited July 2015 29 karma
    sorry mistaken post deleted.
  • wendy282wendy282 Alum Member
    42 karma
    Thank you so much!
    42 karma
    Just curious, what are the PTs that are "worth doing"? Is that okay that I do them chronologically from oldest to newest from now to Oct test date? Eg: 3xPT/week from PT 44-75
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    44-75 sounds good. Some people, myself included, prefer skipping around so that the newer tests don't come as so much of a surprise right before you have to take the real one. It may just be a psychological thing. I wouldn't say doing them all in order is detrimental though.
    42 karma
    Thank you so much c. janson!
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    I did them chronologically for the most part (from 9-73 -- I didn't do all of them but that was my range). The older ones prepared me for the logic games better while the newer ones helped me refine LR and RC. I wouldn't do more than 4 PTs a week for two reasons: (1) burnout: don't want to be fed-up by test day, and (2) you want each PT to be meaningful. If you're rushing it, you're missing out on learning.
    42 karma
    Thank you gs556!