Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

after getting the Oct LSAT score

chb99_lechb99_le Alum Member
edited November 2022 in Law School Admissions 78 karma

Hi,
I've been feeling helpless for the past couple of weeks after taking my first LSAT in October and now I'm feeling ready to move forward and ask for some advices.
I quit my job in the beginning of this year to study full-time for LSAT and apply for this cycle.
I didn't feel ready to take the exam in June so I postponed it to October and got 156 which was below what I have expected. (my gpa: 3.4)
I was aiming to get 160-165 and most of my PT scores were 160.
After the test, I thought I was okay with the timing but I misread one rule in the LG section which ruined that whole game.

I considered cancelling the score since it was my first, but then I thought I should apply by mid-November with this score and tell the schools that I'll be retaking it in January.
I'm thinking this will be better than cancelling the score and applying in January with the new score.

With the current LSAT score and GPA, I'm worried that I won't have a chance at getting accepted to second tier schools.

I'm feeling very discouraged at the moment. I would appreciate any kind of advices.

Question
  1. score 156, gpa 3.4 aiming for UC Davis and other UC schools12 votes
    1. apply this month and let the schools know that I'll be retaking in January
      41.67%
    2. cancel the score, retake in January, and apply in January
      33.33%
    3. cancel the score, retake in January, and apply for next cycle
      25.00%

Comments

• yuzhou_guoyuzhou_guo Core Member
    41 karma

I think you need to make your own choice and strategize your application. I know it is hard. I got a 163 from my September lsat. (First attempt, a really bad score, GPA:3.95). I also need to figure out my plans for application too.😭😭. I want to go to Columbia🥲🥲.