Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

confused...

mc_meattmc_meatt Alum Member
edited July 2015 in General 123 karma
These are little things I need to know, but confused a bit here...
Help me out!

- So, once I've set up the LSAC account now (Summer 2015), paid for the CAS, and have sent my transcript, LORs, then my LSAC account information, CAS record as well as my transcript and LORs remain for five years? So that when the time comes (Fall 2016, the year I'm planning to apply) I can just go ahead and click "apply" button?

- And as for the question of when I should take the LSAT, I can go ahead and prepare all the necessary things (paying for the CAS, sending in transcript, LORs) BEFORE I register and take the LSAT?

- Are there other things that I absolutely gotta know?

Again, I really appreciate your help.

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @"mc_meatt" said:
    - So, once I've set up the LSAC account now (Summer 2015), paid for the CAS, and have sent my transcript, LORs, then my LSAC account information, CAS record as well as my transcript and LORs remain for five years? So that when the time comes (Fall 2016, the year I'm planning to apply) I can just go ahead and click "apply" button?
    Yes. You'll also need to add schools to your list in order to apply, or at least that is the easiest way to go about it, and then when their apps open up they will appear on the LSAC site when you go to apply to any particular school (most should be closed now unless there are errors or some transfer apps still open).

@"mc_meatt" said:
    - And as for the question of when I should take the LSAT, I can go ahead and prepare all the necessary things (paying for the CAS, sending in transcript, LORs) BEFORE I register and take the LSAT?
    Yes. I did all of those things before the October LSAT even opened up for registration.

@"mc_meatt" said:
    - Are there other things that I absolutely gotta know?
    Relax. You're way ahead of the game so don't get too wrapped up in worrying about all of this if you're not applying until next year to start in the fall of 2017.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    You're on the right path, getting everything in your file now will be better then waiting until your deep in your prep and don't have much time for it. So yes, request everything now so that when it's time to apply you will already have everything in your file.