Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Experimental Section Questions

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
in General 1024 karma
Let me start by saying I have not taken the LSAT. With that said I have some questions.

-Does everyone get the same experimental type? Could john get RC and Susie get LG?
-How much harder/easier is this section? Do you know right away?
-Does it appear at different times for students? John's test starts with experimental but Susie has it last?
-How many different experimental sections are their if their is more than one?
-Do you get your score back for that section?

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    1. No
    2. It varies but for the most part it seems easier. I know June's experimental LG was easier than the real one though. People seem to be able to figure it out one way or another.
    3. Yes if it is a different type
    4. At least one of each type as far as I know
    5. I don't know but I don't know why that would matter or why you would care.

Don't worry about the experimental section, just worry about the parts that count!
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    You do not receive a score for the experimental section.
  • c.janson35c.janson35 Free Trial Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2398 karma
    @brna0714 is right. You don't receive a score and the section is not disclosed so you'll never see it again.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    The experimental section cannot be disclosed because the questions it contains are used for future administrations.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma

People get different experimental sections and it comes at different times (some might get it first, others third, others last, etc.)

-How much harder/easier is this section? Do you know right away?

You really don't have a clue until it's over. The whole test is a rush and you're just racing from one section to the next trying to rack up points. You don't have time to think about this question.

-How many different experimental sections are their if their is more than one?

There are multiple LR experimentals and at least one LG and RC.

-Do you get your score back for that section?

No you do not. Revealing the scores would ruin the whole reason they include these sections. They are testing future questions and revealing the "right" answers would kill their secrecy.

• Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    You can't tell. By the end you can obviously tell which section you had an extra of. The best thing to do is use it in your favor. I really thought I did horribly on section 1, instead of letting it get me down, I said "it could be experimental" and pushed through the rest without letting it affect my morale. It wasn't and I actually only missed 2. I remember a story from the Feb lsat where a girl started with lg, it was so horrible she got thrown off and got up and cancelled. It was experimental. I think it can really be blessing that one will not be scored and on test day you can benefit from tricking yourself into thinking it will be what you need it to be.