Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancel LSAT and send GRE?

cat_personcat_person Member
in General 70 karma

Looking for advice on whether I should send GRE or LSAT. If I send GRE, I would cancel my LSAT score.

Me: I attended an Ivy League school and graduated magna cum laude. I work in a gov. job with name recognition. I have been out of school for five years. I think I have a compelling story and am a POC. Standardized testing has never been my strong suit, but I think my GPA/awards show I can succeed in a demanding academic environment. I also took a law course at the T-14 law school during my undergrad. Hoping to pursue a public interest law career.

LSAT: 158
GRE: Verbal (164, 94th), Quant (154, 47th), Writing: 5 (91st)

I'm open to retesting in January, but because I'm working full-time I want to be realistic about how much I can improve.

My read of recent news is that schools are starting to move away from weighing standardized test scores as highly as they have in the past. Seems like there is interest in recruiting more diverse candidates interested in public service. Wondering if these factors might also sway my calculus.

What would you do?