Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How important are MISC games in LG????

MorganS1-MorganS1- Member

How are important are these games for studying? Recently took PT 77 and I had trouble setting myself up for the game and got all the questions wrong and it took off a lot of time. Are misc games in the recent tests?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

Yes, miscellaneous games still pop up on modern tests. From what I understand they aren't super common, meaning it's probably more likely than not that you won't have one on your test, but they are by no means uncommon. They pop up frequently enough that I'd recommend trying to be exposed to as many as you can before your test.

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma

Prioritize all basic and hybrid sequencing/grouping game variations before you tackle misc games. It feels bad when you miss an entire game because you don't know how it works, but it feels even worse if you also aren't getting the other, 'normal' games either. Misc games are a lot more about problem solving and process than about straight regurgitation anyway, so assuming you're learning the games properly and not just memorizing game boards, the work you put into learning the 'normal' game types will simultaneously speed your progress on misc games when you eventually reach them.

• MorganS1-MorganS1- Member
    50 karma

@"Matt Sorr" thank you!

50 karma

@"Jonathan Wang" That makes sense, I was scoring between -2- 0 on logic games before coming across this game today. I knew what the rules were implying but the formatting threw me off and I really did not know how I was supposed to write a game board, or anything for that matter, with what I was given. Definitely gonna continue to practice with these games, thank you for your input!

• WhatIsLifeWhatIsLife Member
    edited December 2022 810 karma

I want to add that misc. games aren't really misc. games and I'm not sure why more prep companies or books don't mention this more often. There have been 25 outlier games (if Powerscore is accurate). 5 of those are circular, 7 of those are mapping games, 13 of those are pattern games.

Yes they're all presented in different manners but they're no different than categorizing games into grouping or linear or in/out. Until I saw the list of outlier games divided into categories I would be so stressed about coming across something crazy and completely bombing an entire game, but after seeing that my confidence is so much higher.

50 karma

@WhatIsLife I will definitely keep this in mind.