Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All Good Things Come to an End

I have met my LSAT goal this past Wednesday and applied 8 law schools in Texas this past Friday. It is time for me to move on. I thought about tutoring and decided against it because I would not have enough time and other commitments would interfere with teaching. Here is what i learned you have prepare to how handle the stress. Many do not prepare to handle that part entirely. How I prepare was making the PTs 6 sections. Every Saturday I would schedule my PT around 4 pm in the afternoon. But, I order a good lunch and watch latest movies on Blue Ray. I call it LSAT,Lunch and a movie. I did this every Saturday like clockwork. About 2-3 o'clock I would make hazelnut coffee in mug before the exam. It did help to maintain the calmness before the exam. When I was done with drinking the coffee, I would do breathing exercises and mediation for about 15 minutes. It always worked like charm. I didn't worry about the final number nor did I obsess with the final number. Instead, I just focused on skills and making certain that skills were at the top of my game for each section. I knew that LSAC likes to stick the hard questions in the middle whether is LG,LR and RC. I call it the drain stop because it is designed to slow you up and to keep you from finishing. Now, the drainstop I discover would appear someplace after question 15 on LR and would like more than likely until question 22. I would avoid the drainstop and come back to it. I would stop at question 15 and go on to question 25. I would work my way up to question 16. After I completed question 16, I would validate my answer to make sure they were correct. I did this for a couple of passes to make sure. On RC, I would save the comparative reading for last because I feel that it take more time to think about what is being said versus the regular reading passages. With LG, the drain stop would happen with either 3 or 4th game. The heart of the strategy is do the easy questions first and save the hard questions for later and allowing you maximize time. Also, it helps to go back validate the work to help alleviate doubt and uncertainty. Also, I recommend as you get closer the LSAT, try to pick movies that keep you feeling calm and not focus on the test at the moment. I would avoid movies such intense dramas or horror movies. Calm mind is a focused mind. do not obsess with which section is the experimental. You should treat it like a work order for work like in the real world. If you prepare 2 LGs and 2 RC with PT, it makes a big difference because you are not surprised and do not care about which the experimental. You just do it and focus on your skills and validate the questions after completing answering them. If you the score you receive go down slightly, it is good idea to focus on the skills and not focus the score. Your skills determine your ability to do well. Not the final score. If your score is going down, ask your self is it my skills or something like feeling nervous or scared and evaluate on the basis of that. If it is going down, it means that you are not ready. There is nothing wrong with waiting a bit until everything fits into place. Also, obsessing the final number cause you tense up and won't allow you focus as easily as someone who is calm. Just look on Reddit and Twitter at the people who constantly obsess with number. You can see as people get closer to score release. They check constantly like 5 days before the official score release.. They are wound tighter than a baseball. It is like being in room full of nervous Nellys. I decided that I would not before the score was release. The same thing I applied the same logic to guessing about the experimental section. It saved me from stressing about it. Secondly, I decided against revealing my score online because I wanted to remain humble about it and knew other. I saw how it made others feel online and saw that it made some feel less than. I saw one person brag on Twitter about his score and say this" F& U B*(&&es, I am going to law school". I decided I was not that way nor would do like him. I felt it would dishonorable to blur it out and make other feel bad like this person did. I do not like to use profanity. The score I received was very good and allowed me to apply to the schools all through Texas. I guess rambled on way too much. It is time for me to call it quits since I met my personal goal and move on. My next goal is buy law school prep course and materials. This is the direction I am heading. I bought my really nice leather brief case to celebrate my victory over the LSAT and went to IHOP last Friday to treat myself. I got myself Gingersnap hot chocolate and Apple Crisp French toast. It feels good to be done with the LSAT. It is more like permanent vacation the way I can describe where you can watch cheap dvd movies and enjoy the fruits of being done. My Saturdays now are empty in a good way. I am going to wait to hear back from the schools

Comments

• musdelsozmusdelsoz Core Member
    118 karma

Thank you for this thoughtful post and for the sensible advise. Enjoy your empty in a good way Saturday :)

• dglanzman02dglanzman02 Live Member
    29 karma

Very George Harrison-esque thing to say- I dig it. Thanks for the inspiring words, good luck.

• whistlingplantwhistlingplant Live Member
    103 karma

thank you so much for sharing " I didn't worry about the final number nor did I obsess with the final number." <<-- THIS is everything. i had a similar experince in college and only when i focused on mastering the material, not getting stuck on grades did i see a difference. Best of luck to you!!

• sandmasterhsandmasterh Live Member
    29 karma

Congrats on your awesome achievement, and best of luck hearing back from schools!!!!

• CryssieNewbCryssieNewb Alum Member
    38 karma

Thanks for sharing your journey. Best of luck!

• CONTEMPTCONTEMPT Member
    10 karma

Vaya con Dios, amigo.