Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please help!

Avatario43Avatario43 Core Member
in General 198 karma

Feeling discouraged that my LSAT score didn't go above 150 in the November exam, although my highest pt is a 159 and average a 154. I don't have the money for tutors or these expensive programs. What should I do? my score went from a 140 original to 150 , so there is progress but I need to rack up 160 for the competition in the schools I plan to apply to, now for next cycle instead of the following one.

I struggle most on LG but feel like LR here isn't the most helpful (the teaching style).

Any advice and guidance would be much appreciated.

Comments

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

Were you feeling nervous on test day? This same thing happened to me the first time I took the LSAT for real, and it dropped my score a few points below my PT average.

It is a good thing for LG to be the worst struggle of yours because it is the easiest to learn and become really good at in a short amount of time for most people. Start foolproofing games and documenting your progress, and you should see a big score jump through the 150s.

I also think that the way the LR is taught here is very useful (it took me from a -13 to a -3 consistently). If you are not liking the teaching style of this platform, I also recommend buying The Loophole by Ellen Cassidy. It should be going for $20-30 depending on where you are located and is a very good option for learning fundamentals for LR at a cheaper price point. The disadvantage is that you do not get the video explanations that 7sage provides for every question.

Overall, determine the factors that lead to this drop in score (test day anxiety, sleep, stress, etc) and sign up for another test day with those in mind. Grind LG using the foolproof method, and use the CC for LR/RC while making your own problem sets when you run into challenging question types.