155–>169! Reach Out to Chat!

Crystal00Crystal00 Alum Member
in General 123 karma

I just finished my LSAT journey with 7Sage and I would love to thank everyone on the platform! The videos, comments, and forum has been extremely helpful and encouraging. I started out with a 155 diagnostic and just got 169 on the Nov LSAT! I wanted to write this post for encouragement and if there’s anyone that wants to chat about their journey, maybe need some tips etc, feel free to reach out! I know when I started out doing that LSAT, I was completely lost about what resources existed and how to prepare. I’m located in BC, Canada so I’ll probably be most helpful regarding Canadian law school applications! Anyone is welcome to send me a message!

Comments

• fancysummerfancysummer Core Member
    edited December 2022 148 karma

Hi, congrarulations on your score.
    I was wondering how long you studied and how you studied.
    Thanks in advance!

• oghaas001oghaas001 Core Member
    11 karma

Following with the same question as above :) Thanks for being willing to share your experience!

• sandmasterhsandmasterh Live Member
    29 karma

Well deserved, and good luck with applications!! also same ^^

• Oddish10Oddish10 Core Member
    34 karma

Did you change your study approach once you got to the mid 160s?

• Crystal00Crystal00 Alum Member
    123 karma

@fancysummer @oghaas001 @sandmasterh I started studying in May 2021 and at the end of summer, my highest score was 163. I was struggling and plateauing at the mid/low 160s. I then took a break until May 2022 and I began to study again. I read the Loophole by Ellen Cassidy which I found extremely helpful. I did the drills recommended by the book and I did it untimed in the beginning. I also tried to ensure that I did LG every day to become faster at it. So essentially, I went back to the basics this summer and tried to build up my foundations from there. @Oddish10 I think this answers your questions too!

• sandmasterhsandmasterh Live Member
    29 karma

How many games per day did you do, and did you do them untimed?

123 karma

@sandmasterh I tried to do at least 2 sections of games per day. Each section was the regular 4 games! I did them within 35 mins but did BR untimed a second time to see if I got anything wrong. If that did happen, I would save the game and do it again the next day and then again a week later

• selah403selah403 Core Member
    82 karma

How did you go about studying LR. Was that an everyday thing, or did you spread it out based on your improvement needs?

• linz.stephenson-1-1linz.stephenson-1-1 Core Member
    1 karma

Hi Crystal, did you finish all of 7Sages content? If not, how did you choose what to focus on within the 7Sage content

123 karma

@selah403 I recommend the Loophole by Ellen Cassidy! After having exposure to LR from 7Sage, I read the Loophole two times and I was able to go from -5 or -6 down to -2 or -3 quite consistently. It really helps to learn LR from another perspective because you can definitely improve on LR and there isn't just one method! If you'd like to chat more, feel free to message

123 karma

@"linz.stephenson-1-1" I did go through all of the core curriculum but I skipped most of the RC just because I was tight on time. I made sure to instead do 1-2 PTs a week to get in that RC practice! I would definitely recommend still doing PTs even while going through the curriculum because that will give you really good practice even if you haven't learned all of the content yet! Feel free to reach out if you'd like to chat more!

• Instructor JYInstructor JY Member
    7 karma

Based off your comment, you studied for over a year?

123 karma

@"Instructor JY" I started in May 2021 for the summer - I was plateauing around the low 160s and got 163 on the LSAT. I took a break until June 2022 because I was in my last year of university. This was where I started to re-evaluate how I approached LR, practiced games more diligently and was PTing 168-172. I took the lsat again in November and got a 169!

• hosseingold29hosseingold29 Free Trial Member
    50 karma

what is your recommendation for better and faster understanding of LR`s stimulus ?
    I find it very difficult at the first time to propmtly grasp the subtle reasoning and understand tacit main point of the passage ...
    by the way English is my second language and I will be so honored to answer accordingly dear !

• misterbinglimisterbingli Core Member
    4 karma

@Crystal00 Thanks so much for sharing your journey.

I'm at the very start of studying for the LSATs. I'm wondering if you had any specific methodology for synthesizing the 7Sage Core Curriculum modules.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

123 karma

@hosseingold29 To me it seems as if you need to spend time practicing paraphrasing and understanding the stimulus without being timed. I recommend the Loophole because it goes into depth a good drill you can use to practice that!

123 karma

@misterbingli Hi! I definitely recommend taking a PT every week even while doing the core curriculum (especially once you’re done the grammar sections and understand logic) because it allows you to practice everything you learned! Try to learn how to do the games part early on as well because those techniques will help you substantially with understanding PTs!