Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying Help

prelawstudent-1prelawstudent-1 Alum Member
in General 8 karma

Hi,
I’m about two weeks into the studying process, I started with the 7sage syllabus and plan on working through it until the end. Is this the most advisable way to study/learn the material? I’m aiming to take the LSAT on the June date. What else could I be doing besides what I’m doing now?

Comments

• valentina.soares-1valentina.soares-1 Alum Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2023 195 karma

Hi @prelawstudent-1 ,

Congratulations on beginning your LSAT journey. I started studying in January for the June exam as well, spending the first few months going through all of the core curriculum and then began taking practice tests and drilling weak areas based on the results of those tests.

Effective studying is very important and there are a lot of differing points of view on how that can be achieved, but I personally think that the best thing you can do for yourself in the next couple of months is to dedicate careful and quality time to the fundamentals. 7Sage has an extensive core curriculum that covers everything you need to know in a really effective order. I followed the core curriculum in order from start to finish, took careful notes, and spent time on concepts that weren’t clicking before moving on to the next thing. I believe that foundation made all the difference when I started taking PTs and doing drills to focus on improving my weaknesses. Once you get to that point in the process you’ll start attacking weaknesses, knocking them out one by one, and realize that your studying begins to evolve constantly. For example, after a month of PTs and working on LR, I realized I needed to dedicate a few weeks to improving LG to near perfect so that I could rely on those points every time. However, for now I think the best thing you can do is work through the core curriculum.

One thing to remember always, is that this is a long game. Theres a lot to learn and adjust to and focusing on the process rather than results for the first half of your journey or more is going to be instrumental to your ability to keep going!

If you get through the core curriculum or even feel that you need assistance while you are completing it and want to talk to one of our expert tutors about how we can help you create a game plan for the time between now and test day, feel free to use this link to schedule a free consultation! We work with you to diagnose your current weaknesses and put together a weekly study plan to help you spend your time as efficiently as possible, pick up those points, and reach your goal score. https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A

• The2ndSageThe2ndSage Member
    64 karma

Just want to emphasize one point that @"valentina.soares-1" said, spend time on the concepts that aren't clicking. I was so focused on keeping up with the study schedule 7Sage gave me that I did not do my due diligence and take time to fully comprehend concepts before moving on. Now, I am going back through doing that, so save yourself time up front!

• mircuenta45mircuenta45 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

I also need help to study, I will be attentive to the comments