Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Writing down the main game board with a pen

AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
in General 2424 karma
Hey guys I just just thought of something crazy, and possibly really stupid... but what the hell, I'm going to share it with you anyways! I've always thought the way JY goes through logic games by copying, pasting and erasing game boards really quickly and easily was really awesome. We obviously can't do that while doing games and erasing when you do everything with a pencil gets really messy.

During questions instead of writing down hypotheticals I end up keeping a lot of things in my head which sometimes results with me making stupid, really stupid mistakes. A few seconds ago I just thought to myself: Why don't we just write the main game board with a blue colored pen and then go through the questions with your normal pencil? I think this can give us the flexibility of jotting down new info for each question (if it's useful) with your pencil over your main game board and then quickly erasing after we are done answering. Any thoughts?

Comments

• ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    You should practice with a pencil as much as possible. You won't have the luxury of using any kind of pen on the actual test and it would be imprudent to habituate yourself to something you won't have access to come test day.

Perhaps during review you can color code in order to better absorb new information, but even then, it's not the best method in my personal view.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2015 2424 karma
    Damn, I didn't know pens weren't allowed at test day. I guess I assumed that you could since they allow you to use a highlighter. Thanks for the feedback!
    3658 karma
    Yep.
    3658 karma