Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for the exam

Brrrree3Brrrree3 Member
in General 85 karma

Just wanted to make a post showing support before the Jan and Feb test. Try to relax during these next several days. If you're feeling extra anxious, biting your nails or can't eat food, go outside and take a super long walk. It will clear your brain and help you concentrate. Don't rush through study materials now. Just focus on what you already know and skim through basic prep.

On the night before the test, get good sleep. If you can't sleep try to take a long hot shower. Don't drink too much water. Wake up early the next day so you can go to the bathroom if you need to. In the hours before the exam, just go outside and walk around. I went into my backyard and talked to my girlfriend on the phone for hours. It helped distract me from all of my anxiety.

During the test, I took a glass of water with me and a rag. The rag was just to wipe my hands if they were sweaty. It relaxed me to have it on the table too for some reason. I also put every clock away because the noise was distracting.

Technology tips: Put your phone on airplane mode during the exam. Don't turn it off. The proctor didn't even ask me if it was turned on. If you have technical difficulties you can reach right behind you and get LSAC on the phone as quickly as possible. Make sure your camera and audio work every single day. Check your laptop every day. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS OS. Please please please. Pick up your laptop and shake it with the camera on. My camera went out when I picked my laptop up during the 10 minute break between sections and I got screwed over in October. This is just something that happened to me so I'm passing it onto you guys.

Good luck. A lot of information but I've taken the test 4 times now and this is what I did to be as ready as possible for my exam.