Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I have to follow the study schedule in order?

craftsandcatscraftsandcats Live Member

Hi! I signed up to take the LSAT in June. But, that leaves me to study for 4 months. I feel like it won't be enough time. I have been feeling very stressed. I wanted to matriculate in law school by Fall 2024, but I feel that I won't have time. I also have been working on my PS and have been trying to finish it. I have a fee waiver, and don't know if I should withdraw the exam until I feel prepared. I want to score over a 170 on the LSAT. Also, I will be looking for full-time jobs since I am a recent college grad. I don't know if the Fall 2025 year would be better to matriculate in. I I'm in the intro to logic section of the study schedule and it is confusing. I want to know if I can skip to reading comprehension then come back to logic.

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited January 2023 2239 karma

If you're finding the intro to logic confusing, I'd make sure to at least finish it before skipping around. Ideally, you'll complete the curriculum in order. If you find that some sections are intuitive for you, then you can consider skipping. If you're finding a section confusing, though, that's typically a good indicator you need to focus on it. This is particularly true for intro to logic, as the lessons cover many foundational skills for the test.

As for if you'll need more than 4 months to score in your desired range, you'll only know once you get closer to the date. If you are nearing June and scoring lower than you'd like, I'd recommend pushing back your timeframe. You won't know until the date gets closer, though.