Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Schedule

Maiya AubryMaiya Aubry Core Member
in General 12 karma

Hi everyone!

I am pretty new to 7Sage and am still trying to get a grasp of everything it has to offer.

One question I have is how strictly should I be following the study schedule that was provided for me? I have heard that while studying for the LSAT, I should be doing multiple practice exams, but on my first couple weeks on my study schedule, there are none. Should I still be doing practice exams although the schedule does not say I should? Or should I wait until my study schedule has them on the agenda for the week? Thanks so much, hope you can help!

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2245 karma

I think the study schedule is a useful tool, particularly if you've never strategized about how you'll study, but I don't think it needs to be followed strictly. When going through the curriculum, I sometimes was able to do way more than the schedule expected in a given amount of time and sometimes way less. If you speed up the videos and/or skip some of the problem sets to save them for later, you'll likely move quicker than the schedule expects some days. If you take extra time to grasp a lesson or review each question from a problem set in depth, you'll probably take longer than expected on some days. Basically, I think following the schedule is fine, but no need to focus on it too much. Ultimately, the most important thing is thoroughly grasping what you're learning. If that takes you less time than expected, that's awesome. If it takes you more, it'll be totally worth it in the long run.

As for the practice tests, I advise against completing any until after you've finished the curriculum. I don't think it hurts to occasionally take one just to get a feel for the test, but I don't think your score will tell you much until you've studied each section of the test. Whatever you do, though, I'd recommend you don't use any of the newer practice tests until after you complete the curriculum. They're the most valuable tests you have so you'll probably want to save them for when you're comfortable with each section of the test.

I hope this helps!

• Maiya AubryMaiya Aubry Core Member
    12 karma

Thank you so much Matt! This definitely did help greatly! I appreciate the feedback.