Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any experience with accommodations with the LSAT?

merissa_merissa_ Core Member
in General 5 karma

Hi all!!

I am gearing up to take the LSAT in September, but am wondering if anyone has had (or will have) accommodations on the LSAT? I am diagnosed dyslexic and I feel like I'm out of gas and out of drive with how much I sometimes struggle with comprehension, especially under stress (though this will NOT stop me, I am DETERMINED to keep going, even if it takes a little more time than others to get the score I want!! While my dyslexia can be challenging, it will not be the reason I don't pursue my dreams).

I was looking at the listed accommodations and feel extreme relief seeing that you can ask for reading out loud (this is very crucial for me) / extended time__ with proper documentation. So, I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through the process? Or hey, even has study tips if you're willing/comfortable to share!

Thanks so much

Comments

• saraht639saraht639 Member
    8 karma

I had accommodations on my exam and I think LSAC does a fantastic job with handling it. They answer emails promptly and they're great over the phone too. I didn't realize that I signed up for breaks but ProctorU forgot to administer them for me. Get any paperwork you can and apply for any accommodations you think you'll need. For example, I requested paper and pencil format and that helped me tons!

• destinyfansdestinyfans Core Member
    3 karma

LSAC is very understanding and makes the process to receive accommodations very straight forward. They say that they'll approve/deny you within two weeks, but I heard back in two days. You'll be ok!

• I got mine approved with the requested paperwork within a few hours! Good luck.