Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discrepancy between BR Score and timed score

Arman115Arman115 Live Member
in General 86 karma

I scored 140 on PT 52 under the normal time pressure but I scored 157 on BR. Not sure what to make of this or how to proceed in my studying. I am almost finished with all of the LR section lessons of the core curriculum. I have done the most studying on LR, which is my strongest section, and I have done very little studying on the LG section. I have done absolutely zero studying on the RC section. The majority of my mistakes during the actual test were from running out of time on the LG and RC section. I was unable to answer about 15 questions in the LG section because I ran out of time and I was unable to answer 10 questions in RC because I ran out of time. Any advice on how I should proceed in studying?

Comments

• mikalyn.greenzweigmikalyn.greenzweig Live Member
    503 karma

Following because I am in the same situation right now with.

• valentina.soares-1valentina.soares-1 Alum Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    194 karma

Hi @5ArmanLSAT ,

While a gap that big between your timed and BR scores might be frustrating its actually a great sign! It shows that you’re capable of understanding the material and choosing correct answers, but need to continue to work on your timing in order to actually get to these questions.

Timing issues can stem from a number of different problems that require different solutions, so getting to the bottom of what is causing you to run out of time is going to be important. Using the analytics, take a look at where you are spending too much time and see if you can identify any patterns. Are there certain question types in LR or are you spending too much time on the first ten questions etc. Considering that you haven’t done any studying in LG and RC, I would say a good next step would be to start training LG. This is a section that really kills a lot of people at first, including myself, but with consistent and heavy practice and repetition, you can absolutely master this section - and that alone would change your score significantly. If you haven’t already taken a look at the 7Sage core curriculum for LG, I would start there and then begin fool proofing games as often as you can. This is a simple and reliable path to get good at games, but requires patience and consistency.

I would then do the same thing with RC. Check out the core curriculum if you haven’t already. Learn the importance of reading the passage for structure, etc. and start practicing.

If you ever feel like you need help identifying your weak areas, deciding what to study/how, or even understanding core concepts, working with one of our expert tutors might be a great option. It believe it will at least expedite the process of improvement that you can do on your own. We work with you to diagnose your current weaknesses and put together a study plan to work through those concepts with you. We also create a weekly study schedule to help you spend your time as efficiently as possible to pick up those points and reach your goal score. You are welcome to schedule a free consult, using the link below, with one of our tutors to hear more about how things work. You can even send us your analytics beforehand and get some general feedback and questions answered regardless of whether or not you sign up. https://calendly.com/7sage-consult/7sage-tutoring-free-consult?utm_source=FCA_A&month=2022-12