Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Discrepancy between Score Converter and PT score

EllegoalsEllegoals Member
edited November 2020 in General 342 karma

I recently discovered that the score 7sage gives me when I complete an LSAT flex has been different in some instances than the score I get after I input results into the score converter. I always make sure the score converter is reflecting the right PT. Is there an explanation for this? and which is more reliable?

Edit: I also always make sure the "Two LR Sections" box isn't selected in the converter.

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I've noticed the same. The converter usually gives a score thats +1. My guess is that its just because its meant to be a rough equivalent/estimation, I don't think 7sage has the actual scaled flex weights.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited November 2020 5740 karma

Hi @Ellegoals

Sorry for the trouble.

The scaled scores generated from Flex mode use the same methodology as our Flex Score Convertor which is based on having the same raw to scaled conversion table, but scored as though there was only one LR section (one half of the usual amount) with the raw score scaled up to account for reduction in number of questions. Because no one outside of LSAC knows how the scoring will actually be done, this is just an educated guess.

I tried to reproduce the issue but I was unable to. Can you let me know which PrepTests you had the issue with so that we can investigate the issue on our end?

Here is a breakdown of how I tried to reproduce the issue:

• I took two PrepTests (PrepTests 72 and 89) in Flex mode by converting each PrepTest to the paper format, I used the "Fill in correct answers" button then entered a few incorrect answers.

• Then, on the Flex Score Converter I selected the PrepTest number, I then inserted the number of incorrect LR, LG and RC in their respective boxes. I made sure that 'Two LR Sections" was not checked and then I tapped on "Estimate." On each occasion I received the same score for both Flex mode and the Flex Score Converter.

For example, for PrepTest 72 I received a score of 170 in Flex mode. I entered my results in the Flex Score Converter and I received the same score of 170. See the screenshots below:

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" Most recently the discrepancy happened on PT's 46 and 47. Hope this helps.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@Ellegoals said:
    @"Juliet --Student Service--" Most recently the discrepancy happened on PT's 46 and 47. Hope this helps.

Hi there,

Thanks for providing the additional information. We will investigate the issue and get back to you.

5740 karma

@Ellegoals said:

Hi there,

The issue with respect to the discrepancy between PrepTests taken in Flex mode and our LSAT Flex Score Converter has been fixed. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Let us know if you have any further trouble.