Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PT 4 sections or 3 Sections

cfalohaacfalohaa Core Member
in General 10 karma

Hello, I’m aiming for the April LSAT i’ve mostly been drilling individual sections in Feb to get over my anxiety and slump from January. Now I feel like I’m mentally ready to take the PTs and plan to start from the 60s onwards. Do you guys recommend using the ‘modern’ format where its just 3 sections or stick to the 4 sections that has 2 LRs?

I’m a bit torn since I know only 3 sections are actually graded but i feel like stamina-wise my brain should be able to do 4 sections due to the experimental.

Comments

• aiman.shahabaiman.shahab Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    72 karma

Hey @cfalohaa! Your line of thinking is correct that it's important to consistently practice with 4 sections since that's what you'll get on testing day. What I would recommend is adding an additional section to the Modern Practice Tests when you work through those. For example, let's say you're taking Practice Test 92. Prior to starting the exam, create a drill with a full set of questions from a section (LR, RC, or LG) in another tab. Complete your timed test with a break after the third section and then immediately jump into taking the pre-made section drill you made. It's not a perfect replicate, but it's a pretty close way to get that 4 section feel! This way, you're also able to practice with different sections instead of just Logical Reasoning.

I hope that helps, but if you're looking for more insight on your study plan or building on the mental stamina for the test, feel free to set up a consult with one of our tutors here: https://calendly.com/7sage-tutoring/7sage-tutoring-free-consultation?utm_source=FCA_A.