Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marking Up Stimulus on LR

theo1106theo1106 Alum Member

Is marking up a stimulus on LR to highlight and underline the conclusion and premises considered a waste of time generally?

Comments

• valentina.soares-1valentina.soares-1 Alum Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    195 karma

Hey @theo1106 ! The answer to this question is really that it depends. Doing this while you study can be really good practice for making sure you identify the structure of the argument before attempting to answer the question (a very important step), but ideally you won't be doing this for every single question on test day. I think if marking up the stimulus is really beneficial for you personally, I would just recommend that you do it quickly and don't spend too much time changing back and forth between colors, the underline tool, etc. Also, pay attention to how you're doing with timing in general and see if you can afford to do this. One thing I found helpful in RC, but can be applied here, was screen recording myself taking a section to watch back and see if my reading/highlighting habits were costing me too much time.