Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Cycles

david.giribaldidavid.giribaldi Alum Member
in General 53 karma

Hi,

I am wondering if someone can help me understand LSAT cycles. I would like to give myself the opportunity to take the test 5 times if necessary and will be sitting for the upcoming April test. I am wondering when this cycle began and ends as I am aware you can only sit for the test 3 times over one cycle. Thanks!

Comments

• david.giribaldidavid.giribaldi Alum Member
    53 karma

If I sit for April and then June can I sit for 3 more before Feb 2024?

• Aastha SAastha S Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    413 karma

Hey!

The testing cycle runs from July 1st to June 30th. Just like you said, you can only take it 3 times in a single testing cycle! This means that you can take it both in April and June and then also 3 more times before February of 2024. As long as you don't take more then 3 between August of 2023 and June of 2024, you're fine!

However, I do want to mention that it's not always advantageous to take the test so many times. You might be better off waiting until you're fully prepared for test day before sitting down to take the real thing! Making sure you've reviewed the core curriculum and have at least a few PTs under your belt that are around your goal score are great ways to gauge if you're ready.

Hope that helps! I'm happy to answer any other questions you may have.

• david.giribaldidavid.giribaldi Alum Member
    53 karma

@"Aastha S" Just want to have the option if necessary. Thank you so much! This helps a lot!