Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Acceptable situation question

NoarachelNoarachel Core Member
in Logic Games 6 karma

Does anyone write down the board for the acceptable situation question 1? I feel like this could potentially help on future questions to show a could be true answer or something similar. Or is this too risky in case you get it wrong?

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited April 2023 2239 karma

I have done this on numerous occasions but I don't do it often. I typically only do it on games where I'm not particularly confident with my setup going into the questions or where I feel there's a bunch of possible "worlds" (meaning the game isn't very amenable to splitting). Also, I typically only do it with games that don't have super elaborate boards. If the board takes a long time to sketch, I'd rather just click back to the acceptable situation question if I think it may be useful.

I think you're right that you need to be confident that you chose the correct AC. Taking a little extra time when eliminating each AC can help with that, I think. To sum it up: I don't find it useful on many occasions, but I think it can be helpful on games that are super open-ended. It usually doesn't take too long to quickly jot down the AC, though, so nine times out of ten I don't think writing down the AC is a waste of time.