Has anyone gone from 150 - 170 ? If so, how ?

aalam0786aalam0786 Alum Member
in General 80 karma

I’m scoring 150s on my diagnostic. I want to get to 170. I have the power score bibles for logic games and logical reasoning which I’m going through. Also, should I complete ALL of the core curricula ? What are y’all’s thoughts on the loophole ? Should I get that book too?

Comments

• ConnollybConnollyb Live Member
    40 karma

My diagnostic was a 151 and I am now securely in the 160s just a few weeks later with that 170 in sight. Here's a detailed list of what has worked for me so far:
    - Definitely make your way through the lessons and take good notes.
    - If you can afford the upgrade, the live classes here on 7Sage are amazing and give you access to some extremely knowledgeable tutors in a small group setting.
    - Blind review every time you prep test or drill (this will show you what you're getting wrong due to time and what you actually need to learn)
    - I keep a journal of every single incorrect answer. I log the question number, what my first answer was, what logic or factors (ran out of time, etc) led me to that answer, the correct answer, and a short sentence on why this answer is correct. Doing this has allowed me to track patterns of flawed thinking and really boost my LR score. Also, I note if I corrected my answer through blind review.
    - If you are scoring low in LG, this is by far the easiest section to improve. Once you learn how to set up boards and fill them in using the question, you'll likely look forward to this section.
    - Test in a variety of ideal and less than ideal conditions. Let people distract and interrupt you during some of your tests. If you're able to get answers correct in these conditions, how much better will things go when you are in your ideal testing condition?
    - Attitude is everything! My best scores have come after mentally reminding myself it's just a practice and not an indicator of my intelligence. Try to frame it as an opportunity. You've already made it this far and now you actually get to take the next step toward your goals! Within this next step you also get to spend time reading and learn about a variety of interesting things, play fun problem solving games, and grow your future lawyer brain to evaluate arguments. Looking at it this way, for me, has made it less of a daunting burden and tricks my brain into finding it selfishly enjoyable.

Again, I'm not quite in the 170s yet, but hopefully some of the things I'm currently finding helpful might help you out also. We've got this! Looking forward to a future discussion post that you not only hit 170, but blew that goal out of the water!

• simon170simon170 Alum Member
    edited April 2023 51 karma

For me, it was a lot of practice, and literally trying everything possible. If you're unsure whether or not something will help, do/buy it and try it. Loophole? Buy it. LR Perfection? Buy it. Tutor? Buy it. Finishing core curriculum? Do it. Finishing every PT? Do it. Delay law school? Do it. You need to give your very best, since 170 is 97 percentile, and I don't think it's possible to give one's very best without trying everything that could help