Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resume Jobs

Hello everyone,

I plan to apply to law school this fall but at the moment I'm going through a difficult time at work. The job isn't very glamorous, I'm an Operations Assistant at a Real Estate brokerage, but it pays the bills and is giving me networking opportunities as well as a Letter of Recommendation. With that said however, I've decided to quit this job because there's just too many problems and it's time to move on. However, I'm a little concerned when to quit because law schools dissect every part of your resume if you're a nontraditional law school applicant.

I reach the 2yr threshold in July and I'm more than capable of putting up with these problems til then. However, if I don't have to, I'll give them my 2 weeks and quit sooner.

So my question is: do law schools place a bigger emphasis on the number of years (an even 2yrs) that you've worked at a place or does it just not matter after you've crossed 1yr or 1.5yrs?

Maybe I'm overthinking this but I'm concerned that working less than 2yrs at this job will seem suspect and will weaken my application.

Please participate in the poll and/or let me know your thoughts.

Thank you

Employment on Resume
  1. Should I quit my job when I reach 2yrs?8 votes
    1. Yes, an even number of employment years on a resume is good
      25.00%
    2. No, not important to reach 2yrs
      75.00%