Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Going out of order?

koyakoyakoyakoyakoyakoya Alum Member
in General 17 karma

I know, for certain, that logic games are my weakest point. It seems like if I follow the curriculum as it's presented, I won't get to the logic games for quite a while. I plan on doing one practice test a week in conjunction with studying, so to me it makes sense to do logic games first so I can actually practice what I've learned instead of trying to come up with bad/ineffective strategies on my own during the practice tests.

In terms of 7Sage curriculum specifically, is it recommended to go out of order like that? I'm almost done with the foundation lessons and I'm about to take my first practice test, so now is the perfect time to plan out my schedule.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• jamendola27jamendola27 Core Member
    3 karma

I’ve thought about this too. I just finished the “main point/conclusion” lesson of the Logical Reasoning part, but was considering taking a slight detour through the logic games lessons. For the same reason you stated above.

• koyakoyakoyakoyakoyakoya Alum Member
    edited May 2023 17 karma

@jamendola27 hopefully someone who has completed the course can help us out!

• yhtkimyhtkim Core Member
    215 karma

Hi! I don't think it'd be a massive issue to go out of order, but you should at least complete "Introduction to Logic" before tackling LG. Understanding contrapositives and negations is an absolute must.

With that being said, I personally recommend completing the entire CC before starting your practice tests. A PT is meant to gauge your progress while identifying your weaknesses. Taking a PT now won't do that for you because you'll be unfamiliar with most of the LSAT. When you miss 8 parallel flaw questions on a PT, will it be because you suck at them or simply because you've yet to study them in detail? You won't know, and that would be a wasted PT.

Then again, everybody's path is different. If you think your plan will work for you, go for it! You can always adjust later if you need to. Good luck, friend!

• koyakoyakoyakoyakoyakoya Alum Member
    17 karma

@yhtkim said:
    Hi! I don't think it'd be a massive issue to go out of order, but you should at least complete "Introduction to Logic" before tackling LG. Understanding contrapositives and negations is an absolute must.

With that being said, I personally recommend completing the entire CC before starting your practice tests. A PT is meant to gauge your progress while identifying your weaknesses. Taking a PT now won't do that for you because you'll be unfamiliar with most of the LSAT. When you miss 8 parallel flaw questions on a PT, will it be because you suck at them or simply because you've yet to study them in detail? You won't know, and that would be a wasted PT.

Then again, everybody's path is different. If you think your plan will work for you, go for it! You can always adjust later if you need to. Good luck, friend!

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you said that because I have no idea what a contrapositive is haha. And by "CC" you mean core curriculum, right?

• AdamarisAdamaris Core Member
    31 karma

Hello! I am in the same boat as you and Jamedola27. I just finished the Foundations and took PT June 2007. I have read a lot that it is best to follow the curriculum and take the PTs after completing it on many discussion boards, which I don't generally agree with, but everyone's journey is different. My thought process is that once I got to the LR and LG parts of the curriculum drilling a couple of questions after each lesson(s) may be better to help practice what I have learned instead of taking full practice tests. I think the drilling will be a better of gauge what was learned that week from studying and what needs more review. This is my plan at least and thought to share.

• yhtkimyhtkim Core Member
    215 karma

@koyakoyakoya said:

@yhtkim said:

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you said that because I have no idea what a contrapositive is haha. And by "CC" you mean core curriculum, right?

Glad I could help! And yes, by CC I mean the core curriculum.