Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will dropping a second degree reflect poorly?

EB207082EB207082 Alum Member

Hello all,

I am currently in my third year of a business program. In my second year, I became interested in computer science through elective courses I had taken, and decided to enroll into a dual degree offered at my school. This adds 1-2 years of course requirements (depending on how many courses you take per semester).

After a year in the program, I have realized that it is likely not for me. Overall I perform well in the courses, but since I joined the program late, I am realizing that I am unlikely to finish in only 1 additional year. I am most likely looking at at least 2 years due to a maximum allowance of courses that can be taken per semester. (I work full time over summers, so that is not an option).

Given that I want to go to law school, it seems silly to me to continue to pay for rent in a town far from home, and to continue paying tuition, simply because I find the courses interesting. With all that being said, I am wondering what people think the effects of dropping the second degree will be on my applications. Like many, I am hoping to go to a t14 school. According to my academic advisors, there will be a note on my transcript that I withdrew from the program, but it will not have any effect on my marks or my progress in my business degree.

TLDR: I am currently enrolled in two undergraduate degrees through a program offered at my school. I want to drop the second degree, and I am worried it will negatively impact my applications.

Comments

• rdyoung12rdyoung12 Alum Member
    306 karma

Hi there,
    I'm not an expert but they seem to really only care about LSAT score.