Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7sage Prep Test does not stimulate real exam?

latinx33456latinx33456 Live Member
in General 139 karma

Hi all,

Noticed 7sage always has 2 LR instead of the random RC/LR/LG section for Prep Tests. My understanding is that PTs can have 2 RC or 2 LG or 2 LR. 7 Sage always gives me 2 LR with one section being significantly harder than the other LR. Where are they getting this second LR section if the actual exams will gave RC or LG? I am confused.

Comments

• Wisdom - Student ServiceWisdom - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    286 karma

Hi @cannation,

I'm sorry for the confusion.

PrepTests 1 to 89 are the "old style" PrepTests so if you take any PrepTest from 1 to 89 and did not tick the "Simulate Moden" button, all 4 sections of the PrepTest will be scored. If you simulate modern LSAT, this will skip the second LR section and only 3 sections will be scored.

However, PrepTests 90, 91, and 92 are in the format of the new PrepTest. They have 3 scored sections and 1 variable experimental section (LR, RC, or LG). If you take any of these PrepTests in our Digital Tester, the variable experimental section is automatically excluded from your score.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if need further clarification.

• latinx33456latinx33456 Live Member
    139 karma

So Prep Tests 1-89 don't have an experimental section? They just had 4 Sections with 2 LR Sections?

• Wisdom - Student ServiceWisdom - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited June 2023 286 karma

Hi @cannation,

That's correct. Therefore, if you simulate modern for the "old style" LSAT (PT 1-89), this will skip the second LR section and only 3 sections will be scored. If you don't stimulate modern, all 4 sections will be scored.

Please see the GIF below on how I stimulated modern for PrepTest 83:

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.