Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letters of Recommendation Dilemma

jpsammisjpsammis Core Member
edited June 2023 in Law School Admissions 7 karma

Alright here's my dilemma:

I just asked two people to write my letters of recommendation for law school. Assuming they say yes, most websites I've read recommend THREE letters of recommendation. However, I don't have that close of a relationship with any other professors/TAs.

I do play a club sport for my university and have a decent relationship with our coach. Should I ask him to write me a letter or is that too casual? He 100% knows my worth ethic, determination, etc., which could look good on a rec letter. Alternatively, do I ask a professor I've talked to maybe once, or just leave it at two people?

Any help is appreciated, thank you!

Comments

• Nico_411Nico_411 Live Member
    9 karma

Is it possible to receive a letter of recommendation from a recent employer, such as a recent internship? I find that recent employers can also write great letters of recommendation if there is an established relationship, particularly employers you have interned for.

• jpsammisjpsammis Core Member
    7 karma

@Nico_411 said:
    Is it possible to receive a letter of recommendation from a recent employer, such as a recent internship? I find that recent employers can also write great letters of recommendation if there is an established relationship, particularly employers you have interned for.

Unfortunately I don't have any internship experience :(

• Nico_411Nico_411 Live Member
    9 karma

Any former employer who, you believe, can write an excellent letter of recommendation will do. It does not need to be a legal internship for the letter of recommendation to benefit you in the law school admission process.