Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Way to Study for Logical Reasoning HELP

HaleyL13HaleyL13 Core Member

I took the June 2023 LSAT and din't do anywhere near what I want to end up with. I plan to retake this fall in either September, October, or November depending where I am PTing during this time. I bought the live classes package and have been working through the entire study schedule. I'm finding that I'm spending wayyyyyy too much time doing the Logical Reasoning lessons. I'm only on Week 3 but I'm already behind by a week and a half. Since I have already studied for a few months prior to the June LSAT, I know a good amount of information already regarding LR and LG, however, i significantly what to improve my LR. What is the best method to do so without having to spend 40 + hours a week reviewing the core curriculum? I'm getting confusing about the drilling tools an how and when I should be using them. I don't know what the most effective method is. I've heard great things about 7Sage and improving LSAT scores but I just feel stuck because I'm not sure how to work many things on this website HELP.

Comments

• jocelynandrade5jocelynandrade5 Alum Member
    96 karma

Hi!

I'm not too sure what the "best method" would be but what helped me is drilling two question types at a time. Considering that you have studied in the past my suggestion would be to use the core curriculum as more of a review for the questions you're struggling with the most and then creating drills.
    My method of drilling- I have taken a couple of PT so I use my analytics to see what questions I am struggling with most. I use the earlier tests for the drills and do no more than 10 questions per drill (example- If you're struggling with flaw and method questions, create a drill from only PT45's flaw and method questions. Add about 10 to a drill and save the rest of PT45 for the next couple drills.) I take the drills timed and then do the blind review. During the blind review I make a quick note as to why I chose that answer. The note can be as simple as "I didn't chose B because of the word 'only'." The purpose of the quick note is so that when you see what questions you got wrong, you can see where your thinking may have gone wrong.

I hope this helps, good luck!