Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are the live classes worth it while supplementing drilling?

Nikolai6Nikolai6 Core Member
in General 37 karma

Just wondering if it is worth the time and money investment while I am doing drills and PTs.

Comments

• EB207082EB207082 Alum Member
    18 karma

Hi,

I have been doing live classes for a couple months now so I think I can speak and hopefully offer some guidance.

The live classes are most beneficial when you are earlier in your LSAT journey or are scoring in the low 160s and below. The live classes can almost act as a substitute to the CC, and they are a good way to get hands on experience with LSAT test taking techniques/getting familiar with the uniqueness of the LSAT.

As you get better and better at the test, many of the live classes may prove less useful. There are some classes that are tailored towards higher level students, but even then, they often move slowly. I personally find that at this point it just easier for me to drill/take PT's and then watch the explanation video by JY if I come accross something that I don't understand.

I did still keep my live subscription around, since I find it useful to be able to jump into classes if I want a refresher on a topic, if I want to gain a new perspective on approaching certain questions, or even have any specific questions that I am still confused about after watching the explanation (or if there is no explanation). There even some live classes dedicated to solving difficult questions that students have run into throughout the week. These have been the most useful at this point in my journey, since these questions are generally 4/5 star.

Lastly, I also find the classes useful when you might need to be doing other things and can't be actively drilling. You can put them on while cleaning or cooking, and still participate. Some may say this actually puts you further behind since you are not focused, but I think as long as you do this on top of your regular studying, then it should be beneficial.

For the price? Its worth it just to have tutors you can ask questions to. Class sizes are small and feel personable. If you learn best by asking questions live - go for it. An in-person course would charge the monthly cost of LIVE on a per hour basis, so to me its a steal.

• Nikolai6Nikolai6 Core Member
    37 karma

Really appreciate the color here and that makes complete sense!