Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to negate sentence with no and until

lsatlover-1lsatlover-1 Live Member

Hello! May someone give me advice on how to diagram a sentence that has both no and until in it? For example: No dog can go until their owners leave.
For the No, u would negate the necessary, but for the until, u negate the sufficient, so I am confused. Thank you!!

Comments

• luffyyyyluffyyyy Live Member
    694 karma

so the two ideas here are (1) no dog can go and (2) owners leave. The symbols are "/DG" and "OL". Following group 3 translation, we identify the indicator as "until" which is negate sufficient. So this translates to "DG ---> OL". Note that the DG idea is negated already so when you negate a negative, it becomes a positive.

If we choose to use the group 4 indicator "No", the two ideas are (1) dog can go and (2) until owners leave. The symbols are "DG" and "/OL". Following the group 4 translation, we get "DG --> OL"

The translation is the same whether you choose group 3 or group 4. Just remember to use the other logical indicator as a negation. I hope this helps!