Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I rake the test in the modern format? or should I do the old style with 4 sections?

napanninapanni Alum Member
edited August 2023 in General 5 karma

Please let me know what people think is best for studying and will produce the right results

Modern vs. Old Format for Practice test
  1. What format should I do while studying?15 votes
    1. Modern
      40.00%
    2. Old
      60.00%

Comments

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    edited August 2023 2239 karma

I like to take tests in the modern format then add a random section from a different PT as a fourth section. That way, I still take a 4 section test, which is what we'll have on test day, but only 1 LR section is scored. If you don't simulate modern, 2 LR sections will be scored, which is unrepresentative of how your test will be scored on the real thing.

• JesseWeNeedToCookJesseWeNeedToCook Alum Member
    137 karma

@"Matt Sorr" when you’re doing your random section do you insert it randomly into the test or just tag it onto the back end.

If the former, is it just a drill including all the questions from a random test section that you take in between sections? Or is there a way to build / randomize the unscored section in to prevent knowing it’s unscored?

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

@JesseWeNeedToCook said:
    @"Matt Sorr" when you’re doing your random section do you insert it randomly into the test or just tag it onto the back end.

If the former, is it just a drill including all the questions from a random test section that you take in between sections? Or is there a way to build / randomize the unscored section in to prevent knowing it’s unscored?

I tag mine at the back end and just flip a coin at the end of the test to determine which of the two similar sections is scored. You could just insert it anywhere though and do the same thing.