Do Problem Sets in the core curriculum pull questions from PT 36-93?

MBE MorrowMBE Morrow Alum Member

Working through the core curriculum and wondering if the problem sets use questions past PT 35. For some reason, the newer listed PT's in the 'practice' tab show me that I've already used up a few questions from each, even though I haven't done any prep tests yet. Could this be because of the problem sets or drills?

I want to keep the prep tests after 35 fresh and was wondering if there's a way to make sure I don't use questions from the newer test while doing problem sets/drills. Thanks

Comments

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited August 2023 601 karma

Hi @"MBE Morrow"! To clarify, the pre-made Problem Sets are from PrepTest 1 to 35. While the questions from the Drilling pool are mostly from PT1-45 but also pull from later PTs that are from the LR sections that are skipped if you "Simulate Modern".

So if you choose "Simulate Modern" when you take a PrepTest and take PTs 45 and higher, there will be absolutely no overlap between PT LR and Drilling pool LR. In other words, you're guaranteed to have a fresh PT with a reliable PT score.

If you'd like to make sure that you won't use questions past PT35, you can create a custom drill for only PT1 to PT35 questions using the "Advanced Builder" in the "Drills" section. Here are the steps to do this:

• Navigate to Drills and select "Use Advanced Builder"
    • Filter PrepTests to show; tap "Core Curriculum (PT 1-35)"
    • Filter Sections (LG, RC, or LR)
    • Filter tags by tapping (optional)
    • Filter further by typing keywords like "pt40 s2" (optional)
    • Tap the plus icon at the leftmost column to add all the questions, or scroll down and mark the questions you want to include with the plus icon on the left
    • Finally, tap on "Create Problem Set with ... questions" located at the bottom of the page

See the sample GIF below where I generated LR questions from PT1-35:

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any further questions.