Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I retake course in undergrad

ajg9747ajg9747 Alum Member
edited August 2023 in Law School Admissions 24 karma

Question is I'm a rising senior and I failed a CORE -UA class in my freshman year, should I retake it (even if it does not replace the grade, so like solely for the CAS calculation policy)?

-Recently discovered that CAS averages the two grades taken for a repeated class and factors in any postsecondary course into their GPA recalculation. I'm assuming this is in favor of my application since I still have one year till graduation to fix things. However, the exact course catalog # is not showing up in my course registar searches so would it count to retake another course # under the CORE -UA (was originally a culture course, ex. on another topic)?

Comments

• jameelyusuf1994jameelyusuf1994 Free Trial Member
    9 karma

Just retake it, if it's a core class don't you have to retake it to graduate? Retake the class and try to get a better grade.

• aapierce03aapierce03 Alum Member
    21 karma

Go ahead and retake it. Worst case scenario you can write an addendum on your application explaining why it was so difficult for you.

• ajg9747ajg9747 Alum Member
    24 karma

@jameelyusuf1994 said:
    Just retake it, if it's a core class don't you have to retake it to graduate? Retake the class and try to get a better grade.

Thank you!