Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I took my first in person LSAT today and I Completely Panicked (Help)

Dan_5050Dan_5050 Live Member
in General 16 karma

Hi,

I'm feeling really discouraged right now, so I'd appreciate some encouragement. Last year I studied for the LSAT on and off during undergrad and got 2 poor scores 148 and 149. I took the tests out of desperation not to fall behind. (I know, not wise.) I decided to wait a cycle, and I have been studying full time for the last several months. I have made my way through all of the Powerscore books, and I've been drilling to an obsessive level. I got my PTs to the 152-158 range, and decided to shoot for the moon. I took the LSAT today, and I ran into a game with wording that I hadn't seen before. I completely shut down. Tilted my way through the entire test. My mind went blank. I wouldn't be surprised if I got between a 150-152. I've now taken the test 3 times, and I've been studying full time. My partner has left me recently, and I feel like I'm at a really low point.

My averages are
RC:-11
LR: -10
LG: -5

I'm pretty bummed.

Comments

• emmagardner237emmagardner237 Alum Member
    30 karma

I'm so sorry to hear that! I just took the test yesterday too and felt the same way. For whatever reason the nerves kind of got to me and I fumbled through the LG, which is usually my strongest. I'm not counting on the score I want, but I've accepted it. We just have to remember this test is hard and as long as we did our best, that's what matters. Try not to beat yourself up and be proud that you did it anyway :)

• 1stWorldProblems1stWorldProblems Live Member
    605 karma

I happen to think getting anywhere above 150 on the first LSAT is an impressive feat! That's the bar I've set for my first LSAT (tmr), going to throw myself a little party if I get it, you are invited, Dan_5050

• Shabooboo101Shabooboo101 Alum Member
    21 karma

I get being at a low point due to scores. I believe the key to LSAT success is being mentally strong and not let the negative thoughts overcome you. I understand this is way easier said than done, it’s something I am currently overcoming myself. Wishing us the strength to persevere!

• Sir DrewkedSir Drewked Alum Member
    14 karma

You're taking a test that is meant to challenge you! just as many of our peers have already said, once you get your score, you know exactly what else needs to be finalized to reach the score you need to. It'll all work out in the end! We humans never grow when were uncomfortable.

• kescoe26kescoe26 Live Member
    62 karma

You got this! I know you will get your desired score soon. I believe in you and I believe in us. I totally understand yesterday’s test was a bit much especially if you also experienced delays with pro metric (like I did). If you want to study together and try to improve your score, you can private message me.