Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law Admissions Deans’ Roundtable: Strategizing the PS and Statements of Perspective

Tajira McCoyTajira McCoy Member Administrator Admissions Consultant
edited October 2023 in Law School Admissions 709 karma

Greetings, 7Sagers!

On Tuesday, September 26 at 8pm ET, join 7Sage admissions consultant Tajira McCoy for another panel discussion with law school admissions deans from across the country. For this conversation, hear from representatives of Boston College, Catholic University, Howard University, Loyola University Chicago, Loyola Los Angeles, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and potentially others TBD, as they weigh in on the start of a new admissions cycle and we begin to discuss the nuances of the personal statement and how to incorporate your background and experience into some of the new diversity and optional statements. We'll try to reserve extra time to tackle more of your questions and hope to see you there!

Register here: https://7sage.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_FEYd-bY2RZuDtgZgVUNikQ.

Note: we will be recording the session and adding it to our podcast once it's edited for sound quality.

Comments

• NextMichaelRossNextMichaelRoss Live Member
    17 karma

I am not able to register for the event. It keeps saying that it's for authorized users only and I need to put in my email, which I did.

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    edited September 2023 601 karma

@"kadiata.toumbou2011" I'm so sorry about that! To confirm, may I know if you used an email address associated with a Zoom account when you tried to register? If you use an email address that is not associated with a Zoom account, you will encounter the "authorized registrants only" error.

Please note that you need to log in to your 7Sage account using your 7Sage login details to access the webinar link, but you do need to use your email address that is associated with your Zoom account in order to register.

If you don't have a Zoom account yet, you can create one for free here and then register for this webinar using the email address you used to sign up.

I hope that helped! Please let us know if you are still having issues.

• lokivariantlokivariant Core Member
    10 karma

What would you recommend for a student who did their undergrad online? Should I still try to get an academic letter of recommendation, or will professional ones only be okay? My job knows me more than my professors as they see me daily. I am trying to figure out how to navigate this, and would it be something to mention in any of my letters/ personal statements?
    Thank you!

• Emily.lupercioEmily.lupercio Live Member
    5 karma

I am planning on taking my LSAT in january, I was wondering if that is still a good time to submit a law school application or if that’s too late?

• amber3n3amber3n3 Core Member
    6 karma

Is a GPA addenda looked down upon if the GPA is not significantly low? Even if the explanation of a GPA drop makes sense?

• goojae312goojae312 Alum Member
    15 karma

Do I need to apply for early decision for the scholarship? If it's not, would it be tough to get the scholarship if I pass the early decision deadline?

• vannep11vannep11 Live Member
    17 karma

How many LSAT retakes is acceptable when applying to law school? Would a student ever be rejected for taking too many LSAT's?

• cristinapeterson792cristinapeterson792 Live Member
    3 karma

For someone who has a high GPA passing the median but has a low LSAT and willing to apply for this cycle, what will be the advice that you will give to the person applying for?

• janabudeyahjanabudeyah Core Member
    3 karma

Is writing about wanting to go to law school partly for the reason of financial security due to impactful life experiences looked down upon?

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

@vannep11 said:
    How many LSAT retakes is acceptable when applying to law school? Would a student ever be rejected for taking too many LSAT's?

I believe it's 5 max within an admission cycle, and law schools only really care about your highest LSAT so not really.

• Alexandria J.Alexandria J. Core Member
    3 karma

Hey! I was unable to make the zoom call. Was it recorded to be shared?

• Mary - Student ServiceMary - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    601 karma

@"Alexandria J." Yes, it has been recorded. We'll share the webinar on our podcast after we've finished editing it for sound quality.