Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I'm graduating early, would it be good to take a few more courses to boosts my gpa a bit?

I currently have a gpa of 3.75, and I finish my degrees in December. Will it look bad to law schools if I took more classes to try to get my grades up?

Comments

• nmoyer1982nmoyer1982 Live Member
    90 karma

I'm not an expert, but I doubt that it would hurt. It seems that, especially when it comes to scholarships, that law schools basically take into account your GPA and LSAT. So, the higher the better.

• learaee73learaee73 Core Member
    41 karma

Would your GPA be higher on your law school applications? I know most of them with be submitted before this seamster is over. A higher GPA will not hurt, but it may be more important to apply earlier in the cycle rather than later.

• hernandezandy0hernandezandy0 Core Member
    13 karma

Depends when you'd like to apply/what your goals are.
    With a GPA that high, (depending on the school)- any additional benefit will be marginal. That is IF you get additional benefits of marks > 3.75 (which will require time).

If you already have your LSAT score, I'd focus more on increasing that.

Essentially, you have an optimization problem where the probability of acceptance increases based upon GPA and LSAT score. Your focus should be to maximize the chances of admittance/aid depending on these two variables. Your only limiting factor is time!