Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

12 credit hours

Hi, I am a junior with a 4.0 and I am considering taking 12 credit hours for the rest of my undergraduate degree because my program requires a thesis and an internship and I am currently involved with family court research. All that to say, would it serve me better to take 12 credit hours (still full time) a semester and finish in the full 4 years to give me some breathing room for all the important stuff coming up or should I plan to cram it in to 3 semesters and take 15-18 credit hours even if it sucks. Basically, I'm wondering if admissions would look down on 12 credit hours on my transcript? Would several semesters of 12 credit hours look bad? What do y'all think? Would this answer c change based on the prestige of the school?

Comments

• alyssacorley5alyssacorley5 Live Member
    5 karma

I'm not an expert by any means, but I would take 12 credit hours and ensure you have enough time and energy for everything on your plate, while maintaining your GPA. If you could keep your 4.0, I think that would be far more important in admissions than taking 12 credit hours for 2 semesters! You would be applying for the same cycle anyways, so you might as well take your time and ensure things go as close to your way as possible!

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

You should be worried about keeping your 4.0. If you don't think you can keep it while cramming in 15-18 hours, don't do it.