Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it possible to increase by 10 points in one month?

LSATpractice-1LSATpractice-1 Core Member
in General 42 karma

Hi, I took the September LSAT and scored below what I was scoring on my PT's. I scored a 148. I'm taking the November LSAT and want my mark to be in the high 150's. I drill almost everyday and take 1-2 PT's every week. Is it possible for me to reach this goal in a month? Please let me know if anyone has done this and how, I'd love the advice.

Comments

• jduggan92jduggan92 Alum Member
    19 karma

I think helping you increase your score by November depends on how much work you put into it. With that said, I think that going through the foundations of LR and making sure you can nail the first 10-15 would be a good start. Second, I think mastering LG can benefit you tremendously. Even if you can't get to a -0 or -2, it should help you increase from a 148.

• LSATpractice-1LSATpractice-1 Core Member
    42 karma

@jduggan92 Thank you for your response. I've improved my LR through BR and I'm currently scoring in early 160's once I BR. I find that I panic on LG when I don't understand the game at first glance and then waste a lot of time getting my thoughts together. RC is challenging because I guess the last 3-4 questions on the section because I run out of time. I'm really hoping I can get my score up 158. I spend approximately 3-4 hours from Monday-Friday because I work and on the weekends I spend about 5-6 hours. I'm not sure if that's enough time.

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    edited September 2023 802 karma

To be completely realistic, the jump from 148 to 158 is definitely possible but it will be very difficult to do within a month. With this being said, I have seen people jump 15 points in a month before so it is not out of the realm of possibilities, and I think if you really work at it you can at a minimum get close, especially since you said your PT scores are higher than 148. I would suggest grinding logic games as this is the fastest way to improve your score. Focus on your mistakes with LR and RC and try to find patterns in your misunderstanding. For example, you might be missing a ton of strengthen questions but not as many AP questions. When you find patterns, drill the weaker question type.

Good luck and I hope it all works out!

42 karma

@AlexgLSAT Hi, thank you for replying to this. Since I gave the September LSAT I knew I didnt do as good as I wanted. So I've been studying for the november one since then. But going off what you're saying I've specifically been drilling questions types that I have the most weakness in which has been helpful. Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it!

• leekhoolsimoneleekhoolsimone Core Member
    14 karma

Do you study 3-4 hrs a day or is that accumulated for the whole week of Mon-Fri. I'm also trying to achieve a similar thing like you so I'm curious about your study habits too!

• GaryLSATGaryLSAT Alum Member
    40 karma

I think it's possible. I went from a ~162 to a ~172 (give or take 2 points on each end) on my PTs in about a month and half, but that happened after a few months of studying the core curriculum on here. Thinking hard about and having a really solid grasp on each question I missed (and those I didn't understand fully) was helpful. I found that I improved the most during a period when my mind became more focused and disciplined during studying.

And I second the comment about putting more effort on drilling LG, as it's the most learnable section of this test. (And I'm sure you heard this before but make sure you warm up before taking a PT or the actual test)

You got this!

42 karma

@leekhoolsimone Hi! I study 3-4 hours each day after work on the weekdays. On the weekends I study 5-6 hours. Right now I'm having a little difficulty balancing writing applications and studying for the LSAT at the same time since most of my applications are due November 1st. I hope my answer helped!

42 karma

@GaryLSAT Hi Gary, thank you for the words of encouragement, I feel like my goal is more attainable after reading everyone's responses.