Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Using Practice Tests with Unscored Section

madelinehblackburnmadelinehblackburn Live Member
in General 17 karma

Hi everyone--just wondering how practice tests should affect our analytics? For example, with older tests that have two logical sections, what would the actual score be? Also, do people recommend taking the three section practice tests, or taking tests with four sections?

Comments

• Kate BloomKate Bloom Alum Member
    49 karma

I am studying for the November LSAT and I think taking prep tests in the current format (4 sections, one being experimental) is best. Also, take the prep tests at the same time in the day that you will be taking the LSAT. You want to simulate test day as best you can!

• AlexLSAT.AlexLSAT. Alum Member
    797 karma

The official LSAT has three scored sections and an experimental, so I recommend doing the same thing for your practice. Covert the old test to modern, take the three sections, and add in a random section somewhere. Flip a coin to see which of the random/not random section is scored so you simulate your real test as best as possible.

For all of the tests where you took and scored four sections, use this to convert them to three sections https://7sage.com/lsat-flex-score-converter/

Save the newer tests that are already modern (PT 89-93) for the end of your studies so that you take and review the most recent content as close as possible to test day.