test in 3 days -- is MacOS Big Sur supported?

chb99_lechb99_le Alum Member
edited October 2023 in General 78 karma

Hi,
When I received an email from LSAC that Sanoma will not be compatible, I emailed them right away asking if Big Sur will be supported. I just got a reply that they only know that Sanoma will not be compatible.
As always, LSAC really doesn't help. My August exam had been a huge nightmare, so I'm already very nervous that things may not turn out well at some point in the test procedure.
Does anyone know if Big Sur is compatible with Prometric system? Is there any way I can confirm that?

Comments

• midastudiesmidastudies Core Member
    8 karma

Hey! I just checked the prometric system website and this is what I found...

MacOS 10.13 to 12.6.5 ARE supported
    Ventura 13.3.1 to the latest Ventura are also supported

the newest update (i think) is MacOS Sonoma which ISN'T supported
    MacOS Ventura 13.0 to 13.2.1 are also NOT supported (idk why but whatevs)

I'm currently operating on Catalina which is 10.15.7 which falls between the 10.13 and 12.6.5 range. I looked up yours as well and found that Big Sur is 11.7.0 which should also be compatible as it falls in range.

I'm going to leave my system alone as I'm scared that if I do update my computer will either give me Sonoma or a version of Ventura that isn't supported.

I think we're good but if you read the info differently plz let me know hahah :)

(this was all found on the Prometric website under the remote assessment tab in the Test Taker Information section on the FAQ prompt listed "What system requirements are there for using ProProctor".)

• chb99_lechb99_le Alum Member
    78 karma

@midastudies thank you so much for helping! Wish you good luck on your test :)