Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I improve on LR?

Natalie PfeifleNatalie Pfeifle Alum Member
edited October 2023 in Logical Reasoning 11 karma

I feel very stuck. I've managed to nearly perfect my LG and I've never struggled much with RC, but for some reason I can't seem to get over this hurdle with improving my LR. Whenever I get one wrong, I watch the video explanation on it. Sometimes it makes sense, and sometimes I feel completely and utterly lost no matter how many times I rewatch it.

I know some people are going to tell me to drill my fundamentals until my brain hurts, and I do, but so many questions still make absolutely no sense to me. It's not even a specific section I struggle on, it's just... all of it.

Does anyone else feel this way? What do I do about it? Advice?

Edit: Whenever I look at another RC or LR question, I feel sick. I actually enjoy doing LG and find myself doing some just for the enjoyment of it, but RC and LR... the mere idea of reading another stupid paragraph about some trivial crap is making me want to run a railroad spike through my skull.

Comments

• attorneybaeattorneybae Core Member
    8 karma

Hi there!! I had the same issue but giving yourself the patience and understanding that this information is very complex and new for our brains is a starting point. I would get really upset when I wasn't performing until I realized that my blind reviewing and video watching wasn't enough. I had to analyze why I wasn't getting questions correct and started talking to myself through the process of each question type I came across. You sort of build your own style when you have the repetition which is a dreadful process but you begin to see the progress and build your confidence.

I would say really analyze why you got the questions wrong (didn't understand the stimulus, question stem, or answer choices) I found that my biggest mistakes came from not learning what the argument was telling me and breaking it down. I have seen a major switch in my brain the more I focused on analyzing my wrong answers during BR which has decreased the time I spend on each questions. It will slowly fall in place just keep practicing! I hope that helps and goodluck!