Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My LSAT Journey: Reflections and a Pause

Glutton for the LSATGlutton for the LSAT Alum Member
in General 551 karma

Hello 7Sage community,

I hope this message finds you well on your LSAT journey :)

I wanted to take a moment to share my own experience, as it may resonate with some of you who are navigating significant life changes alongside LSAT preparation.

I embarked on this LSAT journey with dedication, allocating countless hours to studying for the test. I've benefited immensely from the tools and support offered by 7Sage, and I want to express my gratitude for that. The skills I've honed during this process are invaluable and will serve me well in life.

However, life doesn't always follow a straight path. Major career shifts, housing challenges, and relationship changes have shifted my focus and priorities. I decided to put the LSAT on hold to navigate these transitions effectively.

I'm sharing this not to discourage anyone but to contribute my own story and data point to the wide array of LSAT preparation experiences out there. The LSAT journey can take a holistic toll – financially, emotionally, and professionally. I wish I had come across posts like this earlier to help me evaluate my preparation choices within the context of my life circumstances.

I'm not closing the door on the LSAT. It's a journey I may return to when it aligns with my life circumstances. For now, I'm focusing on adapting to the changes life has presented.

I wish each and every one of you a happy and successful learning journey. Cherish the skills you're developing; they'll serve you well beyond the LSAT.

Comments

• tony2007tony2007 Alum Member
    6 karma

Thank you for sharing your story. Best of luck in your journey!

• attorneysandyattorneysandy Live Member
    8 karma

Hello Glutton, it takes courage to admit when it’s time to walk away and Following up with it. Thanks for sharing this and goodluck on your future endeavors.

• maryannmntg33maryannmntg33 Alum Member
    17 karma

I too, relate to this, and it makes me feel not so alone. I'm working full time while studying and taking the LSAT has been my goal for 2 years now. But priorities shifted, and I also wasn't prepared for the mental habits I'd have to change to be successful. But now, I know is the time. My studying has been consistent every day, I don't feel burned out, I have the support of my boss (in addition to plenty of friends and family) and I get to study in my office outside of hours. I've cleaned up my habits and mental health and my therapist has helped me work on a study plan that is realistic and that works for me - should I really want it. After 2 years of being on and off, I know for a fact I still want it.

• BMJ-the oneBMJ-the one Core Member
    12 karma

"why does Rice play Texas? We choose to study for this exam not because it is easy but because it is hard".